1. emel magazine’s commitment to privacy
At emel.com we collect different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
1. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
2. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
3. To use anonymous details about our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site. This might mean showing an advertiser how many users we have on the site; it does not mean sharing an individual's details with an advertiser. Where we collect registration information from an individual, we will never share that individual's information with a third party, including an advertiser, without that user's explicit permission.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information gathered on registration
When you register to use some the services of emel.com you provide us with your name, email, country and a password ("Registration Information"); if you register for the paid subscription service for the emel magazine you provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card details and some optional notes about yourself ("Registration Information"). If you wish to change any or all of your details please contact us using our email address at email@example.com or our postal address at emel magazine, 1 Canfield Place, London NW6 3BT.
3. Credit Card information
All your payment details are processed through a secure payment system provided by Worldpay Plc. For further information about Worldpay Plc and its services, terms and conditions visit www.worldpay.com
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:(i) to ensure against use by anyone else of the emel magazine Service through the machine that Member uses while they are "logged on" to the emel magazine Service;(ii) to log off or exit from the emel magazine Service when not using it; and (iii) to keep his/her membership number and details secret.
5. Opt-out policy
You may have your registration details removed at any time. To remove yourself please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove all your personal information contained in Your Details.
6. Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate such of a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
7. Contacting emel magazine
8. Data Protection Information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.
Last updated 10th June 2009
© 2009 emel magazine. All rights reserved.